Amber Grant Foundation
Amber Grants are small grants designed to help women who want to start up own business. Women entrepreneurs looking to start an online or home-based business can apply for grants through the Amber Foundation.
Grants range from $1,000 to $2,000 and can be used for equipment, website design, or other expenses required to start a business. The grant does not have to be repaid. The scholarships are financed by donations from private donors to the foundation. The scholarships are usually awarded quarterly by the foundation.
Apply Amber Grants For Women
Amber Grants for women are awarded by the Amber Foundation, owned by Women grants, an online network founded in 1998 for women looking to start their own business. The Amber Scholarship is named in memory of the founder’s sister.
In addition to funding scholarships, the organization provides women with resources to help them find scholarships, write a scholarship application, and online blogs where women can share information and ideas about women-run small businesses.
You must be at least 18 years old and your company must be in either the United States or Canada to be eligible. There is a small $15 fee associated with the application process that enables the website to be approved and operated.
Also note that if you own more than one company you can apply more than once a month, but it must apply to a different company each time.
During the application, you will be asked to describe your company in detail. This is your chance to tell your story. All decisions are based on the answers in your application.
Explain what your company is doing, and even list some challenges you are facing and / or are currently mastering. You will also be asked to describe what you would do with the scholarship if you received it.
How Does the Amber Grant Foundation Work?
Each month, a female entrepreneur is selected from among the applicants of the month and receives a $2,000 scholarship. In addition, there is another larger scholarship from the same foundation every year. Read on to learn more about how to apply and if this might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
When applying, keep in mind that the scholarship holders are selected by the advisory board. They are looking for women who believe in what they do and who can make them believe. Make sure you share your passion, vision, and business skills.
One cool factor in the voting process is that the public is involved. Everyone can read women’s stories here and cast their votes. The judges will take these votes into account when making their decision. These stories can also help you identify what the jury is looking for in the applicants. Be sure to make notes of how these women talk about their business.
The winner in May 2018, for example, was Veronica Crafton, owner of Amazingly Uplifted. It offers a counseling and in-house therapy service to help educators, children and families. She is driven by her love for children with autism and her realization that there is a lack of support for them in the educational system.
The name of the company is intended to describe how the children she worked with inspired her as an educator. With the scholarship she wants to start a scholarship for families who cannot afford their services, pay office space and buy materials.
Analyze Your Company’s Needs.
Make sure you have a solid understanding of:
- Problem or need you want to address.
- Target group that will benefit from your product or service.
- The type and level of support you will need.
- Resources and commitment that your group brings to the project.
- Potential and potential partners in the community.
Research Different Types of Foundations
Get to know the operational differences between:
- Business start-ups.
- Community foundations.
- Private foundations.
Look for Funding Matches
Identify supporters who:
- Are able and likely to fund projects in your geographic area.
- Share a similar core task or goals.
- Have already supported similar ventures or projects.
Make a List Of Prospects.
Group them in two ways:
- By geographic location (city, state, region).
- According to area of interest or subject of study.
Review And Refine Your List.
Eliminate prospects who DO NOT FINANCE
- In your state.
- Your type of organization.
- Your subject.
- The kind of support you need.
- Your size project.
Choose The Most Suitable Funding Prospects.
Research them in detail:
- Contact them directly to request annual reports and other publications.
- Search print and online media to identify projects that have received grants in the past.
- Ask former fellows for advice and why they felt successful against other applicants
List Of Amber Grants In 2021
- Monthly Amber Scholarship ($10,000 Winners Every Month) Every month our jurors review all applications and then select 5 finalists. One of these finalists will be the winner of the $10,000 monthly Amber Org Grant scholarship. The other 4 finalists will each receive $1,000. The $10,000 Amber Grant winner qualifies for the $25,000 year-end grant each month.
- The Marketing Grant (Three Winners A Year) Three times a year we give hands-on marketing help to a selected women’s company. It includes strategic sessions with Professional agency support in the development and implementation of a marketing plan.
- $25,000 Annual Amber Grant (One winner a year) A US $25,000 Year End Scholarship winner will be selected from the 12 winners of the Amber Scholarship, US $10,000 per month. That means you can win a total of $35,000 in a single application.
- Mini grants (Up to $2,000) Each of our advisory board members has access to funding to award mini grants (up to $2,000) year-round. Sometimes we find women entrepreneurs who have minor – but still important – support needs. The pool of mini-grant funds for 2021 is $48,000.
- Company-Specific Grants ($5,000 Winners Every Month) Each business woman who completes their application is eligible for the Amber Grant of US $10,000 (for the month the application is submitted).
But we also have an additional $5,000 Women Business Grant winner each month.
We have found that some business categories are underrepresented in attracting funding.
Applicants falling into these specific business categories will automatically be eligible for the $5,000 monthly (once per year).
An Excellent Opportunity for Single Mothers with a Business
This foundation has been in business for twenty years and enjoys an excellent reputation. If you are a single mom who owns a small business in the US or Canada then this is an excellent opportunity to raise some emergency cash and give your business the boost it needs.
There is one small downside to the Amber Grant, which is that there is a small application fee ($15) each time you want to apply. On the other hand, this is a great reason to support and the scholarship for single moms is pretty great too.
$27,000 Grant From The Amber Foundation
Are you a single mom who also happens to be a business owner? The Amber Grant is a way for you to potentially access additional funds, as it is possible to earn up to $27,000 in grant. Which is surly help single moms a lot.
This grant was WE magazine’s first grant for 125 grants, loans and grants for women. Additionally, it has been recommended by USA Today, Business Money Today, and Michigan State University.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On Amber Grant
How does the Amber Grant work?
Each month, a female business owner is chosen from the monthly applicants to receive a grant of $2,000. In addition to this, another larger grant is available each year from the same foundation. Read on to find out more about how to apply and if this might be the opportunity you have been looking for.
About the Amber Grant
Established in 1998, the Amber Grant was created by purchasing womensnet.com with the aim of honoring a special woman, Amber, who sadly passed away at the age of 19 before her entrepreneurial dreams came true. realize.
Now, each month, the Amber Foundation gives a grant of $2,000 to a female business owner. At the end of the year, another grant of $25,000 is awarded.
If you are one of the winners of the $2,000 Monthly Bursary, you will automatically be entered to be selected for the $25,000 End of Year Bursary. This means that you could eventually walk away with a total of $27,000 in total grants!
How to apply for an Amber Grant
You must be at least eighteen years old and your business must be located in the United States or Canada to be eligible. There is a minimal fee of $15 associated with the application process, making it possible to subsidize and operate the site.
Another thing to note is that if you own more than one business, you can apply more than once per month, but it must be for a different business each time.
When applying, you will be asked to describe your business in detail. This is your chance to tell your story. All decisions are based on the answers given in your application. Explain what your business does and even list some challenges that you have and / or are overcoming now. You will also be asked to describe exactly what you would do with the grant money if you received it.
Apply For Amber Grant.