Amber Grants for Women over 50
Amber Grants began in 1998 to honor the memory of a young entrepreneur – Amber Wigdahl – who died in 1981 at the age of 19. The purpose of the Amber Grant is to help other women achieve the dreams that Amber was unable to achieve in her short time with us. Every month we award an Amber Grant of $12,000.
The Amber Grant Foundation provides money to women who are starting a small business or a home-based business. The foundation is named after a young woman who died before she ever had the chance to pursue her dreams. It is specifically designed to support your dreams and goals regardless of your age.
There are no restrictions on the type of business or your location for qualification. The prize amount is between $500 and $1,500.
How To Apply Amber Grants for Women?
The application process for amber grants for women over 50 is a little easier. They just ask for information about your business, what you would do if you had the money, and ask you to speak from the heart.
The Amber Grant is a monthly grant of $12,000. You are awarding an additional year-end grant of $29,000 to one of 12 monthly recipients in December. Women can apply on the Amber Grants for Women website. The winners will be selected from a jury from Women Net.
This scholarship began in 1998 when a 19-year-old young woman named Amber died before realizing her entrepreneurial dreams. The scholarship is designed to help women achieve the same goal in their honor.
Advantages Of Amber Grants
We are a lot different. For over 20 years, WomensNet has helped women entrepreneurs find legitimate grants, loans, and other funding. Of course, you still have to put in hard work and time. However, if you are serious about taking your business to the next level, you will find that our website is of great help.
A good start is our Amber Grants for Women. Businesswomen from Colorado (and across North America) are welcome to apply. In fact, March 2018 Amber Grant winner Know Your Norma is from Denver.
Our judges award the $12,000 Amber Grant each month, so today would be the perfect time to apply. If you are a recipient, you are automatically eligible for our year-end Amber Grant of $29,000. Take some time to fill out our simple application – it could really be life changing.
After applying for our scholarship for women, you can check out the resources below. There are people in Colorado waiting to help women entrepreneurs like you.
Eligibility Criteria For Applying Amber Grant
We demand that companies are at least 50% owned by women. The company must be based in either the United States or Canada. And the applicant must be at least 18 years old. The other main
We’re looking for three basic things:
- Your story. We are looking for qualities like passion, business acumen and vision. Women who believe in what they do also tend to make us believers.
- Plans to grow / start your business. We are not looking for a formal business plan. Just an explanation of how you can achieve business success. This may include some mentions of your market, your team, the things you have overcome so far, and the challenges you still face.
- Plans for the grant money. Tell us how you would invest the money if you won. Be as detailed as possible.
Other Grants For Small Businesses
Women entrepreneurs can of course also apply for grants that are not specifically tailored to one gender. To expand your options, explore these other popular small business amber grants for women options:
I. FedEx Small Business Grant Contest. This annual competition awards grants to help US-based small businesses grow and scale. In 2020, more than $250,000 was awarded across 12 companies.
II. SBIR / STTR. Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) are SBA programs that award grants to support technological innovation in small businesses.
III. The amber grants for women aid. This annual award helps silver jewelry artists grow their business. The grand prize is $7,500 and the application deadline is August 1st of each year.
IV. National Association for Self Employed. This organization provides a small business owner with a monthly growth grant of up to $4,000 each month, as well as educational grants for their loved ones.
More resources for women entrepreneurs
Discover additional training, networking, and funding opportunities that support women-owned businesses.
- SBA Women’s Centers. These US Small Business Administration (SBA) centers provide services such as training and counseling to women who own businesses. Find one near you.
- SBA Loans for Small Business. SBA loans are government-secured loans that you can borrow from participating lenders. Everything you need to know about applying for an SBA backed loan can be found on the SBA website.
- Mutual Funds for Women in Business. For information on mutual funds aimed at women founders, see Grants for Women That Contain More Than Grants.
- Tory Burch Foundation. The foundation provides access to affordable credit for women entrepreneurs through its capital program with Bank of America.
- Other funding options. If you don’t qualify for scholarships or programs for women, consider exploring self-financing, borrowing from friends and family, women-focused funds or angel investors, or crowdfunding to fund your small business.
Last But Not The Least
You are unlikely to receive a Amber Grants For Women to start your small business. So watch out for scammers trying to convince you of this.
Legitimate small business grants for women and alternative finance Aid options will give you the support you need to take your business or project to the next level. Mark your calendar with grant cycles and deadlines and apply for grants that you qualify for.
In the meantime, work on building your personal and business savings accounts, or look for investors and incubators who can quickly fund your business with cash.
You can also get a small business loan, line of credit from Bluevine, or a business credit card once you have a solid business plan and know you can responsibly repay the debt.