Costco Grant For Nonprofits
Costco Grant’s primary charitable efforts focus specifically on programs supporting children, education, and health and social services in the communities where we operate.
Throughout the year, we receive a large number of inquiries from nonprofit organizations that strive to have a positive impact, and we are grateful to be able to provide support to a variety of organizations and causes.
Although we wish to respond favorably to all requests, it is understandable that the needs far exceed the resources allocated to us and that we are not able to meet them all.
You May Find Helpful – Costco Travel Offers Best Travel Deals
Warehouse donations are processed at the warehouse level – please check with your local warehouse for up-to-date information regarding their donation contacts and review process.
Costco Grant Application
If the request is under review, you may be contacted by staff for any additional information needed. Applications are reviewed within 4-6 weeks and decisions are made based on several factors.
These factors including: type of program; identified community need that is not otherwise available; indication that evidence-based data will establish measurable outcomes of intended outcomes; community collaboration; broad base of financial support; project budget and operating expenses.
Costco Wholesale’s primary charitable efforts are specifically focused on child support programs, education, and health and social services in the communities in which we operate.
Throughout the year we receive a large number of requests from non-profit organizations striving to make a positive impact and we are grateful to be able to support a wide variety of organizations and causes.
While we would like to respond positively to all requests, understandably the needs far exceed our allocated resources and we cannot accommodate all.
To apply for Costco grant, organizations must meet the following general requirements:
- Must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Focus on supporting children, education and/or health and social services
- Money claims only
Based on the size and scope of your organization/program, please review our two submission options below to determine the appropriate level for your request:
- Camp donations are for local organizations/local causes
- Costco Grant applications are for larger, broader organizations/causes
- As a general rule, Costco grant does not award funds greater than 10% of the total program budget.
- We generally consider no more than one Costco grant application per fiscal year (September to August) for each organization.
- We do not fund direct assistance to the following people:
1. Individuals (crowdfunding, GoFundMe pages, etc.)
2. Fundraising campaigns, construction or equipment projects
3. Transport and travel expenses
4. Political organizations
5. Religious organizations for religious purposes
6. Staff salaries or training
7. Government agencies
8. Loans or investments
9. Research studies
10. Sports teams, events, booster clubs or sponsorships
11. Animal-related programs, including shelters
12. Merchandise for fundraisers and auctions
13. Symposiums, conferences, congresses, meetings of professional associations
14. Individual primary and secondary schools, PTOs and PTAs
15. Merchandise promotions, partnerships or advertising
16. General awareness/advocacy campaigns
17. Development or production of books, films, videos, TV shows, social media or websites
18. Parties, celebrations, parades, festivals and raffles
19. Deficit financing
20. Awards, monuments and/or memorials
Applying For Costco Grant
How Do I Request A Costco Grant?
The first step is to determine if your organization meets Costco Wholesale’s charitable contribution guidelines (see eligibility).
Once you have read all of our stated guidelines as well as our frequently asked questions and believe that your organization falls within these parameters, you are encouraged to review our donation options to determine the appropriate level for your organization’s request.
What If My Request Is Urgent?
For planned fundraising events or programs with specific dates and timelines – at least 3 months lead time, prior to your program or event, will allow us to consider your request in a timely manner.
What Donation Level Should I Choose?
Depending on the size and scope of your organization/program, please review our two donation options below to determine the appropriate level for your request:
- Warehouse donations are for local organizations/local causes
- Costco Grant applications are intended for larger, broad-based organizations/causes
What Is Costco Wholesale’s Review Process?
Once a donation request has been submitted, it is initially determined if the organization falls within Costco Wholesale’s charitable guidelines. For eligible submissions, review times vary depending on the level of application chosen:
- Warehouse Donations are processed at the warehouse level – please check with your local warehouse for up-to-date information regarding their donation contacts and review process.
- Costco Grant Applications If the request is under review, you may be contacted by staff for any additional information needed. Applications are reviewed within 4-6 weeks and decisions are made based on several factors including: type of program; identified community need that is not otherwise available; indication that evidence-based data will establish measurable outcomes of intended outcomes; community collaboration; broad base of financial support; project budget and operating expenses.
How Will I Be Contacted Regarding The Status Of My Application?
Your organization will receive a postcard, letter, phone call or email, usually within 4-6 weeks of submitting your request. Please ensure that the correct contact details are on your application.
How Do I Check The Status Of My Application?
Please review the information regarding the “Costco Wholesale Review Process” first and ensure that the correct contact information is on your application. If your organization has not heard from Costco within 6 weeks of your submission, see our “Contact Information” section below for details.
You May Find Helpful – Know How To Get Costco Gas Prices
Costco Wholesale is a strong advocate for education and has long supported the College Success Foundation. The Costco Scholarship Fund is a long-standing scholarship program that brings together the business community and individuals for an annual fundraising breakfast to support underrepresented black students at the University of Washington and Seattle University.
The scholarship program is a partnership between Costco Wholesale, the College Success Foundation, Seattle University and the University of Washington.
We would like to thank those who have already donated. View a list of donors for 2021 here.
How To Sell Your Product To Costco?
Deciding to do business with one of the country’s most successful retailers isn’t one of those quick brainstorm ideas hatched over coffee and a bagel at your local Starbucks. I’m sure you’ve lain awake at night dreaming of your product being prominently displayed at Costco while thousands of members clamor for the last item before they’re all gone.
No doubt you’ve rehearsed your response to Costco’s frantic call begging for more product, offering anything just to get another shipment. Cool and unperturbed, you pause before telling them you’ll see what you can do while asking for better terms at the same time.
Fortunately, this has happened and could happen to you. You may never be invited to a holiday dinner at Jim Sinegal’s house, but that doesn’t mean you’ll never successfully sell your products to Costco if you’re prepared.
Thousands of companies like yours have made it to Costco and have been selling their products successfully for years. What makes the difference between companies that are “in” and those that are “out”? The successful companies had the following in common:
- They were prepared: they did their homework and had a plan. They knew what they were getting into and had already made the necessary adjustments for success.
- They hired a company or individual with experience selling Costco to fill in the gaps in their plan and to guide them through the process.
- They understood Costco’s business model and that Costco wouldn’t even bend their rules for them.
- You were in the right place at the right time with the right item.
Will your product be the next big thing at Costco? Only time and preparation will tell. To get you started, I’ve outlined the first 11 steps that are critical to preparing for a meeting with Costco.
1. Product Selection
Specify whether a single product or multiple products are offered. Sometimes you may need to bundle products to create the value needed to meet Costco standards. Bundling products can also help your distribution network as you have created a different and unique item number.
Research your distribution network to determine the lowest selling prices in the market for the products you want to offer to Costco. Make sure you are on top of all prices and products for sale.
If you don’t, rest assured that Costco will. They will do their research, which means you must do the same. Create a possible price structure, taking into account currently offered prices.
3. Distribution Effect
Determine how selling products to Costco at discounted prices or with added value will impact your current distribution network. Distributors and dealers can sometimes get tricky when they think you’re undercutting them by offering the same products to Costco.
Determine what type of packaging you will offer to Costco. Costco is very specific in its packaging requirements. Generally they require a single display palette. Get quotes from a few different graphics and packaging companies.
Take a look at your current logistics capacity to see if you’re capable of servicing a large customer like Costco. Knowing your capacity can help you better understand what your sales expectations are. Analyze Costco’s routing guide to ensure you’re considering all the necessary considerations when considering logistics.
6. Other Costs
Check and consider these additional costs.
- Customer Service Support: Do you have the phone support needed to handle the influx of customers, or do you need to hire a company to handle this aspect?
- EDI Costco (Electronic Data Interchange): Price EDI to include it in your finances.
- Advertising costs: Do you want to participate in promotions? With the various campaigns at Costco, sales are really exploding and should be planned accordingly.
- Shipping: Costco charges shipping to their depots. You have to calculate these and include them in your cost structure.
- Returns and Defects: How to manage the returns and defects percentage. This can be expensive and should be carefully considered.
7. Potential Sell-Through Volumes
Based on the Costco divisions you are targeting, create a few scenarios that show potential volume sales. Costco has 3 divisions in the US and one international division:
- Costco Wholesale
- Costco Roadshow
- Costco Canada
- Costco.com Canada
- Costco Mexico
- Costco UK
- Costco Taiwan
- Costco Japan
- Costco Korea
Use the information above to create an Item P&L to determine the viability of the program. You never want to do this after the deal is closed. Getting into a program and finding out after success that you are losing money will be devastating.
Decide which department you should contact first. Make the first contact with the buyer and gauge interest. You will likely need help here as getting through to Costco buyers can be very difficult if not impossible.
If there is sufficient interest, schedule an initial meeting at Costco’s headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Final decision on a minimum of two and a maximum of three packaging options. Keep track of your options because you only have about 30 minutes or less to present your idea to Costco and you want time to discuss next steps. Make your final decision on the cost prices to include in the presentation.
Create your presentation and print out more copies than you think you need. Confirm your meeting a week before the appointment.
Be thorough in your presentation, but don’t overdo it. Keep your pitch smart and to the point. Expect Costco to have some questions, not just about your product, but about you and your business.
Know your competition and your market. they will test you. Make sure you set next steps and follow up before leaving the meeting.
How Much Does Costco Pay?
It really depends on what you do at Costco. Some jobs at Costco are not your standard retail jobs that require a very basic resume to land the job.
Many jobs at Costco require a college degree or perhaps even experience in the position. Although you’re probably wondering what an entry-level position at Costco pays out and what the benefits are.
Costco Employment Highly Rated
Before considering what an employer would pay you, it would make sense to first consider whether it is a worthy match to seek employment.
That means is the employer a good place to work or is it a place employees fear coming to work? The workplace environment can make a huge difference in employee morale and the psychological well-being of the people who work for the employer.
The answer is that you should be confident that a job at Costco will be an enjoyable experience as the work environment is highly rated compared to other employers in the retail environment.
What Can You Do To Increase Your Chances Of Getting A Job At Costco?
Does it make sense to prepare for an application at Costco? My answer to that would be a resounding yes! Because if you come to an interview knowing facts and information about the employer, it means that you are interested in the position and want to make a good impression on the employer. Employers always want an employee who is well motivated.
Initial Pay At Costco
Costco’s starting pay is a minimum of $10, and a very high percentage of hourly and medical benefits are paid for by the employer. There is also the possibility of one and a half days as well as paid vacation days.
It really makes sense to do your homework and get more background on this opportunity before jumping into it. For more information on Costco jobs visit [http://costco-jobs.org]. That will help you create a important position with one of these two employers.
Costco accepts and reviews applications for funding on an ongoing basis throughout the year, and organizations are eligible to submit one application per fiscal year (Sep-Aug).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On Costco Grant
Is There A Dollar Limit For Approved Costco Grants?
Typical Costco grant sizes vary, but organizations should not submit proposals for more than 10% of their overall program budget. For new applicants, we advise submitting conservative applications.
Can My Organization Submit More Than One Donation Request Per Year?
We generally consider no more than one donation request per fiscal year (September to August) for each organization. Please review our donation options to determine the most appropriate level for your organization’s request and submit accordingly.
Can We Recognize Our Costco Grant Sponsored Donation?
Because Costco Wholesale does not seek recognition for our contributions to our communities, we ask for your cooperation as a partner with us prior to any public statement, printed or otherwise, acknowledging our contribution.
We ask that any organization contact us with any questions regarding the proposed Costco recognition.
Do you know about Costco starting pay?
Costco raised its minimum wage to $14 in 2018 and $15 in 2019. In February, the Issaquah, Wash.-based company increased it to $16 an hour.
Do you know about Costco bill pay?
Pay your Costco Card bill online with Doxo, with a credit card, debit card, or directly from your bank account. Doxo is the simple and secure way to pay your bills.
How much does Costco pay per hour?
The average hourly wage for a Costco job in the US is $14.46 per hour. The average hourly wage at Costco Wholesale ranges from approximately $14 per hour for a front-end cashier/food court to $75 per hour for a pharmacist.
Best Of Luck For Costco Grant.