How To Apply For DoorDash
Would you like to become a DoorDash driver? Here in this article you will get the total idea about how to apply for DoorDash driver. You’ll soon learn that it’s not too difficult to achieve just that. It’s like everything in life where you learn the process, follow the steps to completion and then reach your goal. Are you ready to become a DoorDash driver? Let’s get started and become a DoorDash driver now.
How To Apply For DoorDash?
- 1 How To Apply For DoorDash?
- 1.1 Reasons To Become A Dasher
- 1.2 Requirements That Every DoorDash Driver Must Meet
- 1.3 Things You Should Know To Become A DoorDash Driver
- 1.4 How To Become A DoorDash Driver?
- 1.5 DoorDash Insurance Requirements
- 1.6 What Does The DoorDash Background Check Look For?
- 1.7 What Can Disqualify You From DoorDash?
- 1.8 DoorDash Vehicle Requirements
- 1.9 What Happens If I Am Denied Permission To Be A DoorDash Driver?
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2 Is it easy to be a DoorDash delivery driver?
- 3 How many breaks can you take with DoorDash?
- 4 Can you be reactivated with DoorDash if you're disqualified?
- 5 How long do you have to wait for the restaurant for food pick up?
Before you know how to apply for DoorDash driver, you need to make sure you have the right documents.
DoorDash is a grocery delivery app that lets you earn money by driving, biking, or even walking grocery orders from restaurants to local customers.
Become a DoorDash driver now? Join Now On DoorDash.
You May Find Helpful – How Much Does DoorDash Pay?
Reasons To Become A Dasher
There are many positive reasons why it is worth becoming a DoorDash driver:
- Create additional income for your family
- Set your own schedule
- Work harder when necessary, relax when necessary
- Replace a lost job
- Use it to help you between main jobs
- Make sure your family doesn’t run out of money
Requirements That Every DoorDash Driver Must Meet
Many people will give you different information about how to apply for DoorDash. But DoorDash has a registration process. Let’s look at the requirements you need to meet to become a Dasher.
DoorDash Driver Requirements
You’ll find that DoorDash ride requirements are similar to those of Uber Eats, Grubhub, or Postmates.
Of course, DoorDash wants to maximize its chances of finding safe drivers.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- You must have an iPhone or Android smartphone to download the Dasher app
- You must have access to a vehicle (car, scooter, bike, motorcycle or truck)
- If your vehicle requires insurance, you must purchase a policy that meets your state’s minimum requirements
- You must provide DoorDash with your social security number
- You must give DoorDash permission to run a background check
- You must pass your background check (this includes a motor vehicle test)
- Finally, you must complete an in-person or online orientation process
You May Find Helpful – Know How Does DoorDash Work?
Things You Should Know To Become A DoorDash Driver
Is DoorDash Safe?
Yes, DoorDash is secure. It is a legitimate grocery delivery service, just like Amazon is a legitimate product delivery service. Food delivery is inherently low-risk.
You simply go to a restaurant, pick up your customer’s order, drive to the customer’s home or office, and then give them their bag.
The company has also made liberal use of safety features like contactless delivery to protect both drivers and customers.
Can I Start DoorDash Immediately?
You can start driving for DoorDash once you’ve gone through the DoorDash application process and officially become a Dasher. This happens the moment you are approved, which may take some time to go through the approval process.
How Much Can You Realistically Make From DoorDash?
How much you can make from DoorDash depends on how hard you work and how many hours you want to put into driving for the food delivery platform.
Where you live also affects your income. You usually earn more in larger cities because there is more demand there. However, you can expect to make anywhere from $15 to $25 an hour.
What Is a Dasher’s Schedule?
You are not an employee, so set your own schedule of work at DoorDash. However, DoorDash Dashers must use the scheduled shift process set up by the app.
You have two options for creating your schedule:
- Dash Now: At peak times, you can log into your dashboard and dash as many times as you like.
- Schedule a Shift: Qualify for Early Access Scheduling and schedule your time five or six days in advance. With this function you can plan your desired blocks of hours with the DoorDash app.
Here are a few tips to ensure you’re getting the hours you want and working enough to meet your financial goals:
- If you are awake at midnight, check the hours at that time.
- If you haven’t scheduled your desired hours, look for the Dash Now red zones and drive into those zones immediately.
- Request Scheduled Orders (available in select cities only)
How To Become A DoorDash Driver?
Before you know about how to apply for DoorDash driver, you need to make sure you have the right documents.
- Become a DoorDash driver now
- If you Interested? APPLY NOW On DoorDash
- DoorDash is a grocery delivery app that lets you earn money from DoorDash Pay by driving, biking, or even walking grocery orders from restaurants to local customers.
What You Will Need?
The only two documents required to become a DoorDash driver are:
Valid driver’s license (if using a car, motorcycle or truck)
- Valid insurance for your vehicle
- You do not need an official social security card, but you must provide your social security number when signing up to drive as a Dasher.
You do not need an official social security card, but you must provide your social security number when signing up to drive as a Dasher.
DoorDash Insurance Requirements
DoorDash insurance requirements dictate that you have minimum liability insurance for a motorcycle, truck, or car.
By the way, DoorDash also offers cover for Dashers.
Insurance coverage only applies when you are in active delivery status, which means you are still in possession of the delivery items.
DoorDash’s commercial insurance policy covers up to $1 million for property damage and personal injury.
What Does The DoorDash Background Check Look For?
DoorDash uses the background check to see your personal records and possible criminal convictions.
It is similar to the check most employers use in today’s work environment. For example, Uber, Postmates, and Lyft use the same type of background check before allowing drivers on their platforms.
Checkr is the background checking company used by DoorDash to screen all potential Dasher applicants. Using your social security number and address, Checkr examines everything about your past.
If you agree to the background check, you agree that DoorDash can disqualify you for any crimes you dislike in your personal history.
The DoorDash Background Check examines all sorts of criminal background issues. If you have done DoorDash sign up to use a car, truck, or motorcycle while delivering for DoorDash customers, the background check will perform a full motor vehicle search.
What Can Disqualify You From DoorDash?
If you want to know how to apply for DoorDash then you should also know that you may be banned from driving on the DoorDash application platform if the background check determines that you have committed any of these offenses (within the last seven years):
- Sex Offenses
- Violent Crime
- Property Damage Crimes
Every case is different, so there is no “one size fits all” answer here.
DoorDash Vehicle Requirements
DoorDash doesn’t have vehicle requirements like Uber or Lyft. As long as you have a clean driver’s license and an insured vehicle, you can become Dasher and deliver for DoorDash.
Permitted Vehicle Types
Any type of vehicle that transports you and your grocery pickup will work for DoorDash purposes.
You can use:
You could even use two feet if you live in a concentrated urban area, such as:
- Washington, D.C
- Los Angeles
- New York
What Happens If I Am Denied Permission To Be A DoorDash Driver?
If the DoorDash background check rejects you and you know you have a clean record, then request a background check report.
It is your legal right to request and view the report. An error probably happened and you can show DoorDash that fact.
Or you might have been rejected for something as simple as a blurry driver’s license picture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it easy to be a DoorDash delivery driver?
Relatively speaking, working as a DoorDash driver is easy. They just pick up food and deliver it.
How many breaks can you take with DoorDash?
You can take a break of up to 35 minutes during each shift. You can take it in minute increments or all at once.
If you take a break after this time, your shift ends.
Can you be reactivated with DoorDash if you're disqualified?
Unlike some other hardline gig apps, DoorDash offers a more lenient complaints process. You can object.
Sometimes dashers are qualified to drive after initially being disqualified.
How long do you have to wait for the restaurant for food pick up?
DoorDash asks you to always pick up food orders for customers. The app recommends that you call or text the customer to let them know the restaurant is busy.
Give them an indication of when you think you will have their order delivered to them.
If the wait is getting way too long, you have the option to unassign that particular order and wait for another ride to show up in your DoorDash driver app. Do your best to gauge when it is appropriate to walk away from a trip.
Are you excited about the possibilities now that you know how to apply for DoorDash? and become a successful dasher.
Does this sound like the side hustle or full-time gig you’re looking for? If you’re ready to become a dasher, you need to act now.
The sooner you register as a driver, the sooner you can earn money. Don’t forget to finish your new videos and orientation quiz while you wait for the background check to complete.